For residents in areas of the county that allow recreational fire pits, there are a number of steps you can take to have a safe fire.
- Fire pits are “Permitted” when they are in an approved assembly.
- Distance of 25 feet between the fi re pit and any structure and/or other combustible type materials.
- Fire pits cannot have a diameter larger than three feet.
- Fire pits cannot exceed two feet in height.
- Each fire pit must have on-site a means to extinguish the fire:
- Five gallon bucket of water,
- Garden hose connected to a reliable water source, or
• 5A:10B:C Fire extinguisher.
• Nuisance complaints from neighbors will mandate extinguishment, no exceptions!
- Fire pit must be constantly attended.
- Owner/operator of the fire pit is liable and responsible for any fire damage and/or fire suppression cost to surrounding area resulting from the use of the fire pit.
Fire pits and open fires are not permitted in the Park City limits.