12:30 pm. To those who have lost all or part of their homes due to the Rockport fire:
- There is a process whereby you are allowed some tax relief because of your loss of value from the fire.
- The time limit to make application is 45 days from the event.
- You will need some proof of the extent of damage to your structure to show a greater than 30% loss of value to the home. Whether, photos, documentation from County building inspectors, insurance adjusters, etc., you will need to provide proof.
- The process is identical to the ongoing Board of Equalization.
- Make the application to the Summit County Assessors Office with the Board of Equalization form.
- The form is available at http://www.summitcounty.org/assessor/index.php