Due to the extremely dry conditions and potential fire hazards, fireworks are prohibited in Summit County.
These prohibited items include:
- Firecracker, cannon cracker, salute, cherry bomb or other similar explosive.
- Bottle rocket, skyrocket or any other device that that uses combustible or explosive material.
- Roman candle or other device that discharges balls of fire.
- Tube or cone aerial firework that propels comets, shells, salutes, flash shells, or similar devices.
- Chaser, whistler or similar device.
Violations of this ordinance are deemed a class B misdemeanor and can result in fines and potential jail time.
Summit County ordinances allow for the cost recovery of any expenses associated with the extinguishing of a fire caused by the negligent use of fireworks, fires, and /or the improper extinguishment of cigarettes or other smoking materials.
For more information please call the Park City Fire District at 435-940-2532.